• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

One more COBRA 2000 GTL question

Crambone

Jan 22, 2019
So I have a cobra that has a power mod using the TONE and goes to an empty VR10 that is working and it looks like a channel (upper / lowers ) mod using the CB/PA and NB/OFF toggles. My My Voice Lock Fine/Course has NO power going to it????? I did trace the wires and it looks like one is off but Im unsure of were it came off? Plus the frequency Counter on the radio is not working properly. Can the frequency counter issue be tied to the no power to the Voice Lock?IMG_1915.jpg IMG_1917.jpg

The loose end of the blue wire in the bottom pic should to to pin 1 of the MB3756 chip. It's pins are visible at the top-center of the pic.That would be the pin at the rearward end of the chip.

As for the frequency counter, there's a lot of room for "doesn't work properly".

Might want to be a bit more specific.

Reactions: NZ8N and Mudfoot
The loose end of the blue wire in the bottom pic should to to pin 1 of the MB3756 chip. It's pins are visible at the top-center of the pic.That would be the pin at the rearward end of the chip.

As for the frequency counter, there's a lot of room for "doesn't work properly".

Might want to be a bit more specific.

I will tackle the loose wire in the am and update.

Again Thank you! Maybe in 10-15yrs I will get the hang of this stuff?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.