• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

One wild night

CDX197

Apr 2, 2005
Nebraska's cornfields
ok this is gonna be long so bare with me

I was crossing the tracks coming home from town at around 10:40PM. We got to my house and noticed a fire over in the junk yard. Me any my brother hopped on my truck and looked over. All we saw was a fire. I thought well they are crushing cars and there is tons of weeds over there and i thought they had a tourch and they were burning them down. Well i can in and sat down and heard a Little Boom. I thought nothing of it because they might have ran over a tire. About 2 min later i hear a big explosion that shook the windows. Thats when me and my brother ran upstairs and looked into the junk yard. When i looked out i seen something blowup under a truck. So we ran down stairs got outside and BOOM. The fire had gotten to the empty propain tanks. And thats when it really started. Ran to the 4 wheeler and went over to the neighbors who own the junk yard. Got over there and they were looking out the window and calling the fire department. (By now some cars cought on fire) They told us to go over to the neighbors house and tell them to get out because they were only 50 yards away. Ran over there and told them to get out of there house and leave. Went back out into the street and by now about 3 cops have showed up. But no firemen. Now the fire hit the full propain tanks. Hearnd a hissing sound and looked over and the flames were coming strait out of the tanks. Then the little propain tanks started blowing up. It was like a huge firecracker box blowing up. Ran back over to the neighbors house and they had the video camera going. But no tape was in it. We finally got the tape in and was lucky enought to get the big explosion. One of our friends thought that jim(owner of junk yard) was in the fence. He ran into the fence and thats when the explosion came. Flames had to be atlease 100 feet in the air. There was a 100 pound propain tank that was full that blew up. We were standing about 50 yards away and felt the pressure from it. Parts of cars were flying everywere and the sky was just black. Right after that the fire trucks show up. It took them a good hour before it was all out. There still over there as im typing this. It was a life time experiance. Lucky the wind wasnt blowing tword our house because it was moving right along. Well i got to know my local cops after they got done asking me if i knew how it started :? A fire man that was about 10-13 miles away said he could see the glow when the whole thing exploted. Didnt take long for people to fill the road trying to see what happend. But now our little town is calm again waiting for something to happen :D Just to let everyone know nobody was hurt or no houses were burned down. Talk to you all later CDX197

EDIT: Just to let you know what it sounded like. Lets say you throw a spray paint bottle into a bomb fire. And when it blows up its pretty loud. Now throw a 100 pound propain tank thats full into it and see what it does.

You should try to get that video on the net so we can see it if its possible(I have no Idea :shock: ) would have to be one heck of an explosion! Ow yeah I wont be trying the 100 pound propane tank :shock: :D trick I know from experience how spray paint cans go! We were at an anbandoned factory outside of town one day and theese kids sat a one gallon bucket of tar on fire in the main part of the building. This building is decent sized they used to cast aluminum there. Anyway they thought it would be funny to throw spray paint cans on there litle fire :shock: So I stood way the hell back and watched from behind a wall. Most of the cans just burned like a blow torch threw the valve. This kid who lives up the street from me whos knows nothing put a can on and it sat there for a couple of minutes and he got mad becouse nothing hapend. So he took a golf club up and hit the can. The instint he hit the can it blew and it was loud! He was right there and just missed geting hit by the can. It was funny becouse he was shaking for a couple of hours after :twisted: I dont think he will be doing that again :twisted: :p :shock: :D

Well I watched what I think was a 40 pound propane tank on the rear of a motor home go up from a good distance.The motor home caught fire and when the tank went off it shot into the air about 150 feet I think.It blew both ends off the tank and looked like a short piece of pipe afterwards.The RV owner said the tank was almost empty at the time which was probably the reason it heated up so quickly and bleved.

Yeah ill try and get her to send it to me. But she owns a graphic buisness and she only has 2 people working there. Most of the time she works till midnight just to get orders done. She does a great job and a awesome women but she doesnt have a lot of time at all. Ill see what i can do though. It is something u will never forget thats for sure.

Yeah ill try and get her to send it to me. But she owns a graphic buisness and she only has 2 people working there. Most of the time she works till midnight just to get orders done. She does a great job and a awesome women but she doesnt have a lot of time at all. Ill see what i can do though. It is something u will never forget thats for sure.

my brother was told that somebody went into the junk yard and started it. I guess the person who started it got bad burns on his arms. So he went to the hospital. Now the cops are tracking him down. If they do find him hes gonna get some jail time and when he gets out he's gonna get his ass kicked by the owner of the junk yard. He isnt very happy.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.