• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Online video testing

Folks, new to radio over here, just getting started.
While the testing shows all sessions as being full right up into the end of Sep and beyond, openings do show up on a regular basis as people drop their appointments for whatever reason. I initially signed up to take the Technician at the end of Sep, which was the first available. Then an opening came up and I'm now testing today. I'll take the General instead at the end of the month.

And yes, they're busy! I've no idea how popular testing was, but I'm kind of the impression that having to go to the (in my case) a fire station conference room 30 miles from home to test in person was probably a turn-off for many.

We're a connected society, like it or not.

While the testing shows all sessions as being full right up into the end of Sep and beyond, openings do show up on a regular basis as people drop their appointments for whatever reason. I initially signed up to take the Technician at the end of Sep, which was the first available. Then an opening came up and I'm now testing today. I'll take the General instead at the end of the month.

And yes, they're busy! I've no idea how popular testing was, but I'm kind of the impression that having to go to the (in my case) a fire station conference room 30 miles from home to test in person was probably a turn-off for many.

joplin,mo.arrl radio club meets lots at a joplin fire department or a church.
Club im in meets at local memorial hall but we are looking for diffrent facility. Was a wedding set up on top floor n we were under that floor. Had 2 to test no idea but they quit stomping around when we started testing

excuse me but hope you pass with flying colors and WELCOME here too

Rwb, thanks! I passed it no problem. The online testing system they're using is quite interesting and thorough. . Lots of safeguards in place to prevent cheating, since there is no proctor in the room with you.

They have you log into a zoom meeting on your laptop / desktop computer with (in my case there were) five proctors / examiners, all volunteers. Then you log into the same session with your phone, and use it to allow the proctors to visually inspect the room for anything they don't like. Most folks are using a clean guest bathroom as the testing room, as I did. Then you take the test and have your results immediately.

I'll be taking the General Class exam at the end of this month, so we'll see how that one goes. Hopefully just as well as this Tech Class went ;)

Rwb, thanks! I passed it no problem. The online testing system they're using is quite interesting and thorough. . Lots of safeguards in place to prevent cheating, since there is no proctor in the room with you.

They have you log into a zoom meeting on your laptop / desktop computer with (in my case there were) five proctors / examiners, all volunteers. Then you log into the same session with your phone, and use it to allow the proctors to visually inspect the room for anything they don't like. Most folks are using a clean guest bathroom as the testing room, as I did. Then you take the test and have your results immediately.

I'll be taking the General Class exam at the end of this month, so we'll see how that one goes. Hopefully just as well as this Tech Class went ;)
congrats.should have callsign soon then

Reactions: Czar

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.