• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Open your own CB shop for $2000

Yeah, sure, if you want to do it that way. Some guys open a shop with nothing more than a screwdriver, a pair of diagonal cutters, and a knack for bullshitting.

Reactions: 2 people
Anyone notice the 'scope is only a 20 MHz unit? It would be good for modulation measurements but for looking at the raw 27 MHz carrier it may be on the edge of accuracy for the vertical deflection. It is the model V220 and I have a V212 which is also 20 MHz. i use it up to 30 MHz but just for looking at overall modulation. For service work at 27 MHz i would want a 'scope good to about 40 MHz or better as some radios have freqs. greater than 30 MHz inside used in a mixing scheme.

Reactions: 1 person
If I had the funds, I'd do this! I certainly do enough locally here. LOL

Same here...that and I'd have to have the time to do it. aka be retired from my current job and have a somewhat decent income.

Yeah, sure, if you want to do it that way. Some guys open a shop with nothing more than a screwdriver, a pair of diagonal cutters, and a knack for bullshitting.

LOL what you described sounds like the typical interstate truck stop CB shop....you forgot also they start off with a "happy meter" that is calibrated (or "un" calibrated) to show lots of harmonics *ahem* I mean "swing".

I bet Snake has this in his "watch" list.

I'm watching it. I want to see just how much this sells for, if it sells at all.

2 Grand? well it is a nice collection of stuff but I dont know.
I dont see enough there to "run a shop".

What more is needed besides experience?

you can have $100,000 worth of equipment and if you do not know how to use it it does not benefit you at all. just what ROBB said.

Right....and I think the idea here is someone who knows what they're doing will buy it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.