• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Opinion Wanted on Interface Software

DTB Radio

Sep 14, 2005
Carlisle, PA. USA
www.dtbradio.com
I finally got around to redoing the software for that CB-Computer Interface that I developed. I'd like opinions on the layout and functionality of the software. Any and all thoughts, complaints, comments, suggestions, etc. will be appreciated.

Click Here to download the setup files in .ZIP format. Unzip to any directory and run "setup.exe".

Below is a screenshot of the interface's control panel.

cbcompscreen.jpg

Looks good DTB! If I could add one item it would be a PTT button (hot key) to key the transmitter (maybe a time out timer but that might be asking to much :)) If that were included in this software combined with IP Sound and VNC you could have a nice little remote CB base to use from work or remote locations. Just a thought...

riq165

The PTT button isn't a bad idea. That could be added with one more data line from the port. The time-out idea is good IF the PTT button were built with a locking feature, just in case you forgot to unkey. Set it for like 5 minutes or something, or better yet, allow the user to set how many minutes its keyed. As for the other thoughts, they would be nice, but outside of the scope of this project.

Hey DTB-

Thanks for considering it. Always nice to see a product developer asking questions and listening for feedback. Keep up the fine work. :)

Just to be clear, I was not suggesting that you incorporate all those features in your software. I was pointing out that with the addition of PTT control to your software all the end user would need to do is run IP Sound and VNC and they could run their base station by remote. Who knows maybe 11 meter Echolink is just on the horizon. :)

The time out feature might be nice either way should something go horribly wrong...

riq165

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.