• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

opinions on Shakespeare 318-GBT "pogo stick base antenna

jef

Mar 3, 2013
I have had this antenna up 35 feet since 1990 and has always worked great for me ,wondering if anyone else has one up or has had one in use in the past .This antenna has been through some tremendous winds and held up great.Any comments from past and present users of this antenna.

I had one back in the 90's didn't see much difference between it and a Shakespeare big stick or an archer 5/8's ground plane... just my 2 cents

I had one in 90's also. Was up 60 feet from base. Worked well for many yrs till lighting got her. Thank god that was all!

One of my locals also had one back in the 90's and he loved it. He's no longer on the air but supposedly the antenna is still up on his roof.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.