• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Opinions on Wirless Mics?

Chop

May 11, 2008
Rosepine, LA
my yaesu ft2200 has a sticky ptt switch on the mh-27 mic. upon inspection, it looks to be a tired return spring. finding a replacement for it has been trying. i did find a wireless model mw-2 that is a direct replacement. but, at $80, that's more than i paid for the radio. if it works, that's great but i've never used a wireless mic before. i would like some input as to the performance before i drop that kind of cheddar on a mic. who here has used one of these and how do they perform? thanx.

I personally have never tried a wireless mic....but I would be a bit leary of it...I am sure it is very quirky ......however I have heard both good and bad on those,and they are getting very popular

To me with my luck they would be like a wireless mouse.....the batteries would die when you least expect it

I have better luck making springs than I do with wireless mics. I have reservations about them too, who else near me has one that will let them 'use' my radio? No idea what mic you are using, but at that quoted price, I think you could find another just like it? Beats me.
Good luck.
- 'Doc

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.