• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ordered the Connex 4300HP-300 today

psycho said:
Must not be what he wanted because he now has it listed in Swap and Shop.
I still have never heard a high output export (Not Dual 1969 or mosfet) that sounded impressive...........OK maybe but not impressive.

I saw that Psycho.
Maybe he saw the light.... :LOL:

In the day and age of $500 export radios, my properly tuned Cobra 25, and Davemade have hurt alot of feelings.....

smalltiredart said:
psycho said:
Must not be what he wanted because he now has it listed in Swap and Shop.
I still have never heard a high output export (Not Dual 1969 or mosfet) that sounded impressive...........OK maybe but not impressive.

I saw that Psycho.
Maybe he saw the light.... :LOL:

In the day and age of $500 export radios, my properly tuned Cobra 25, and Davemade have hurt alot of feelings.....

You can pick up a new Cobra 25 for around $120 and a new Davemade M200 3 pill for $260.......that $380 investment would blow that $500+ radio out of the water.
Exports give people a bunch of extra channels they will never use.........a roger beep that most people don't use.......an echo that when set right sounds OK, if not :shock: .
I have never seen "High Powered" radios do what they were advertised to do as far as watts.
They are just complex money pits.

psycho said:
smalltiredart said:
psycho said:

You can pick up a new Cobra 25 for around $120 and a new Davemade M200 3 pill for $260.......that $380 investment would blow that $500+ radio out of the water.
Exports give people a bunch of extra channels they will never use.........a roger beep that most people don't use.......an echo that when set right sounds OK, if not :shock: .
I have never seen "High Powered" radios do what they were advertised to do as far as watts.

There is ALOT of truth to this post !
ALSO, that IS A KILLER combo --Davemade & cobra 25 !
S-M-O-K-I-N=G !!!!

another good radio is the uniden 68's/78's . pluse theres a $30-$40 rebate on them till december 31 2007 .
http://www.uniden.com/rebates/rebate.cfm

great prices on unidens here http://www.sparkyscbshack.com/catalog/item/1830782/1329798.htm
on the 68 already tuned and aligned for $50 after rebate + S&H .

great price on non tuned unidens here but i hav NO IDEA about how good he is with his customers .
http://www.cbradiosplus.com/shop/pc/viewcategories.asp?pageStyle=h&ProdSort=19&idCategory=53&page=2

remember last fall when cobra had the $100 rebate on the 150 exports and you could get them online for $130 ? not particularly great radios but set up by a good tech (DTB had little to no problems if i recall correctly) they were great deals . i really believe who works on your stuff is just as important as what your stuff is myself . you cant turn a sows ear into a silk purse but you can definately turn a silk purse into a sows ear......or even something that comes out the other end of the sow . :shock: :twisted: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

for those talking about me in the third person, I am right here......:O

as for seeing the light.... i'm not looking to run a kicker because of my neighbor issues, but am interested in a $500 radio (as you call it), because I can.... and we'll leave it right there.

You can get your Cobra's and Davemade's, which is cool....I'll get my Galaxy 98 vhp.....which is also cool.

And, we do what we do.....because that's what we choose to!

In a world of options, what good does it do to throw stones?

People are going to do what they want to anyway!

Options and opinions are great, and that's what this forum is for....a good thing!

Snake Eyes

lol snake......if that bothered you stay away from channel 19 . :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

lol, it's cool....

a tune is not a tune, though....so will clear that up on my end.

while i'm not dissapointed with copper, i realize there are a lot of choices out there.

peace.

snake eyes

Chainsawgang said:
psycho said:
smalltiredart said:
psycho said:

There is ALOT of truth to this post !
ALSO, that IS A KILLER combo --Davemade & cobra 25 !
S-M-O-K-I-N=G !!!!

I think alot of super bowlers use that radio for its Extreme audio.

jack.....befor i got banned at CBRT there was a post from a guy that got a Super Whack Packed RCI base that died afer a lil while . he sent it to RCI to fix and they asked who had been in tha radio . he told them Radio Active . they told him RA didnt know how to properly work on those radios but they did fix it (dont know if it was warrantied against SWP auto-destruct tuning or not) but the dumb azz sent it back to RA to tune again !! there is some brain washing going on over there . i recall some post on here with DTB showing square waves (top and bottom) on his scope from a SWP radio . seems the SWP is really a SCP (super crap pack) , some may call it a SSP .

found the link... http://forum.worldwidedx.com/viewtopic.php?t=11338

damn his prices are high on some radios ! i didnt even bother to look at the rest . i guess that cheap $30 tune is made up in the $50 extra in the cost of some of his radios . snake eyes...is your name neal ? :twisted: :LOL: :LOL:
just jokin with ya ;)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned