• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Oscilloscope ?

I have a Siglent 'scope. Not that exact model - but it is a pretty good piece of test equipment, especially as I don't have Agilent money! I used YouTube to look thru lots of reviews before buying.

Ray
Do you think 6 digits of a frequency counter is sufficient to align am and sideband frequencies?

Do you think 6 digits of a frequency counter is sufficient to align am and sideband frequencies?
Well if the counter is accurate Yes and if you are talking about the alignment of Offset osc. it should be pretty accurate. That being said I use a Rigol and I had to do some alignment mods myself to have it display accurate results. I use my Rigol a lot and don't have any real complaints.

Well if the counter is accurate Yes and if you are talking about the alignment of Offset osc. it should be pretty accurate. That being said I use a Rigol and I had to do some alignment mods myself to have it display accurate results. I use my Rigol a lot and don't have any real complaints.
Agreed, of all the test equipment used for alignment, the frequency counter is the one piece you dont want to skimp on. Also to view modulation waveforms, an analog scope will be alot easier than digital. Thats why i use both

Agreed, of all the test equipment used for alignment, the frequency counter is the one piece you don't want to skimp on. Also to view modulation waveforms, an analog scope will be a lot easier than digital. That's why I use both
And now I will agree right back as I use my Hitachi 100mhz for tracking modulated waveforms as it is in line all the time but I do like the Rigol for trouble-shooting stages at the component level

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.