• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ouch !!

G GOLLY WAlly

WDX 719 / Waldo on AM
Mar 4, 2018
Sourh Eastern Oklahoma
20210309_094420.jpg

Did this second day of my hitch, been laid up the last 5 days unable to get my work boot on. I was using a 4ft cheater bar to get a little more leverage ( frowned upon, wasn't correct tool ) when the bar slipped sending me and the cheater bar sprawling. Didn't feel anything twist or pull, nothing. But about an hour later I get what felt like a charlie horse. Well this is what I look like now. I've been to the COMPANY DOCTOR and he says I've strained a tendon and pulled a muscle, but I'm not so sure, I'll be seeing my doctor when I get back home. I've taken worse falls hundreds of times without any problems, but knocking on the door of 54 years maybe its time I find a less physically demanding job. (n)

Just beware Workmans Comp will treat you like a criminal
Ooo I know, I've already been treated like a criminal. All that report every incident no matter how small flew right out the window. I could tell by all the higher ups body language that this wasn't setting well with them. I figure they're trying to cover their butts and screw me around at the same time.

I’ve a long litany of shoulda known better,

and, as I’m 62-years old, I can state — with confidence — that,

there’s no fool like an old fool.

I don’t make as much as I used to. Kinda came down to WORK . . or die off early.

WORK, that I can do. Being a company-driver door-slammer is bottom-feeder trucking. No extra skills such as tanker or flats or specialized. Generic.

Right company matters, not right job description.

Last edited:
I’ve a long litany of shoulda known better,

and, as I’m 62-years old, I can state — with confidence, that,

there’s no fool like an old fool.

I don’t make as much as I used to. Kinda came down to WORK . . or die off early.

WORK, that I can do. Being a company-driver door-slammer is bottom-feeder trucking. Right company matters, not right job description.

Since I've had time to think, I need to do just that Slow, WORK I can do. I've gotten spoiled to the oilfield money and the time off, but this is a young mans job and I'm no longer a young man, a lot of these guys are younger than my daughter. last days off I just happened to meet the guy that actually built the house that I just bought,he handed me his business card before he left told me if I had any problems or questions to give him a call. I noticed he works for Oneok gas, a natural gas pipeline company there by the house. It's a Fortune 500 company, I might not make as much money but it would be a lot easier on me and I'd be home every night, something that I haven't been able to do for years.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated