• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

palomar 225 blue face

Ok I just went to my notes from years ago...

Left rear of the amp, it’s a 33uf cap. You can change it to a 10uf to keep the delay and stop it from interrupting the receive as bad.

You can’t clip it, to lift it you have to remove the board from the heat sink. Clip the top off the cap and leave the leads sticking up and add a 1uf 50v in its place or a switch too if you want one.

If it chatters on AM, you need a smaller cap. This was done on a Galaxy 225 which I’m thinking is the same as the Palomar 225. I believe this is what he has and this is what I’ve always done to them.

Last edited:
0943A426-97BB-456B-A6E0-2F3A7D89181F.jpeg
I have a Shooting Star 225 Plus here. It has 3 caps that are 4.7uf 50v. Hmm. Not the same as the Galaxy amps I used to do this too. Probably one of those in the lower right corner or upper right, depending on how you turn the pic. I can’t find a schematic for it so I guess I’ll have to remove the board to see which one it is. Dang it...

More to come... haha. Had to say that.

Ok, I stole this from elsewhere. This is the board I'm use to seeing and the one I am talking about. Looks like maybe there's a new version but that's to be expected after 50 light years. You see the cap in the pic attached that I was talking about. So...

Uh, I guess it's a guessing game without a schematic or unless one of us takes their amp apart. This one isn't actually mine, it belongs to someone else that just wanted it checked out. I'd feel like an a_s if I took someone's amp apart without their approval...

Attachments

• My_Palomar_225_Board_copy.jpg
    My_Palomar_225_Board_copy.jpg
    929.1 KB · Views: 593
Thank you very much for your time for everything you showed me I went and pulled the little small capacitor like you said works like a charm now... I love this website forum he was very helpful again thank you ..Roger fl

Reactions: S&W357 and Dmans
Good deal. You never know when you’ll decide to go sideband, you might want to look into fixing it like Nomad said and use a switch. Either way, glad we could help.

Reactions: S&W357

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.