• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Palomar 225 pre amp switch ?

number 9

Jun 29, 2018
I tried a search . Ng..
I was wondering what the pre-amp switch setting is properly used for. I'm running a Galaxy 949 behind her with a Wilson 5k on a mack truck superliner .

Most of the time all they ever do is boost the noise and static level as well. In some instances on a quiet night you can fiddle with the RF gain with the pre-amp on and find a sweet spot. They all seem to work about the same.

Reactions: undertaker
I have a Texas Star 350 HDV with pre amp. It boosts the weak signals so they are the same level as the strong signals. If the signal is in the mud then it makes the mud louder so not much help. It works good for signals that you can already hear. But if you can already hear it then why is a pre amp needed? It's just something to play around with I guess.

Sometimes when the band is real busy I have been able to turn the rf gain down to reject all but the strongest signals, then use the receive amp to boost the volume if its too quiet.. Basically it is just allows you to turn your volume to 11.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.