• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Palomar 300a 450W Amplifier

KB0TLW

Oct 25, 2011
I have a very nice Palomar 300A amplifier for sale.
It covers 40m, 20m, 15m, 10m @ 450 watts.
Will drive with 1-10 watts or up to 100 watts, depending on switch position.
The tubes are strong and I measure full output in both power modes with an MFJ-989C.

The RF deck is in very good shape, clean inside and out.
Some very very slight discoloration on the top chrome portion of the case near the tubes visible only if you look very close.

The transformer is on its own chassis and connects via a single cable. The transformer case is a little dinged around the bottom edges but is fully operational. No other power supply is needed.

This amplifier is ready to go. Plug it in, hook up your radio and antenna, and operate.

For a full gallery of internal pics:

xTG2P5A.jpg

vZYX3km.jpg

Asking $350 shipped.

I have a very nice Palomar 300A amplifier for sale.
It covers 40m, 20m, 15m, 10m @ 450 watts.
Will drive with 1-10 watts or up to 100 watts, depending on switch position.
The tubes are strong and I measure full output in both power modes with an MFJ-989C.

The RF deck is in very good shape, clean inside and out.
Some very very slight discoloration on the top chrome portion of the case near the tubes visible only if you look very close.

The transformer is on its own chassis and connects via a single cable. The transformer case is a little dinged around the bottom edges but is fully operational. No other power supply is needed.

This amplifier is ready to go. Plug it in, hook up your radio and antenna, and operate.

For a full gallery of internal pics:

xTG2P5A.jpg

vZYX3km.jpg

Asking $350 shipped.

At least the pictures reveal the 1976 dates on the filter capacitors. Even if they still worked in 2016, I wouldn't trust them enough to run the amplifier these days. Too much like playing russian roullette with only one chamber empty.

And this is why some forums insist you come back and mark your item "SOLD" when it changes hands.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.