• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Palomar rfx95hd

Heranney76

Dec 29, 2018
Ok got everything hooked up except 8v transmit wire hoping someone could chime in a help me out with it. Tr23 has 13v it's a 2015 cobra 29 nw ltd classic thanks guys.

The ones that came with it from palomar bought it from bells. Yellow coax to antenna wire board connection red coax to antenna connector sheilds tied to can. Red going to + input ground - input blue wire to 8v on tx. That's the one I have left to hook up

You are correct sir thanks again therealporkchop. Getting this rfx in the nw and then put the 60 in the wx nw st. This forum is great thanks for the help guys

Got it fixed up. 18w carrier. Now just to tackle my interference gremlins getting interference and poor receive. Going to go over my solder joints. Also installed trb x-3 so can't rule that out either

Where are you guys pulling your 8 volts from in the galaxy 959 chassis? I normally pull from the vacant 8 Volt source near the audio ic where the roger tone on/off is for echo boards. Just looking to see where some of you fellas pull 8 volts from for these rfx gigs as I know there are probably 100 ways ands better ways near the install area

Um, do you mean the "transmit-only 8 Volts" that keys the RFX, and shuts it down for receive?

Like, for the RFX blue wire?

Had one of these show up on a Cobra 29 with a complaint of no receive.

The blue wire (keys the RFX) was soldered to a source of all-the-time 12 Volts.

Keyed it all the time. Kills the receiver.

I'll post a pic tomorrow. Pretty sure that radio is still in the shop.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.