• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Parr end fed in fiberglass push-up

glsmith1544

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Aug 13, 2009
Collierville, Tn.
Been considering a pole out my apt. window vertically (won't bore you w/all the details) w/my Parr Endfedz 10 MTR either inside or attached to the outside. The pole (vertical) would lean against metallic gutters (horizontal). Would there be a significant effect on the antenna?

Thanks, Geoff S.

Last edited:

That would depend on, among other things, the frequency you are going to run off of that antenna.

¼λ is generally bear minimum if it is possible. Sometimes you just have to deal with what ya got though.

1λ is what I generally shoot for personally, not that that is always possible.

In a situation like yours, get it as far away from metal, brick, concrete, cinder blocks, ect. as you can.

The DB

Reactions: 1 person
TO change the subject, sort of, look at a moxon or cob webb style antenna.

It will work nicely inside the apartment, small foot print and horizontal polarized.

How far away? I don't know, it shouldn't be very difficult to determine for yourself. Try it as you suggested, see what happens. If it's 'satisfactory' for you then leave it alone. If it isn't, tilt the thing further away from the gutters/whatever and see what happens. It's a compromise no matter what you do so pick the 'best' one you can live with.
- 'Doc

Thanks for each of your responses. Think I'll just let it hang straight down from the tip of the pole. Does the Endfedz care which end hangs down? I'd prefer to have the coax end up so I can run the coax down the pole to the window. With the pole tilted out a bit the antenna will be hanging nicely in "free space"

Geoff S.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.