• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Participate in the June 22-23, 2019 Effort to Revive LSB 16

Well folks: how about another organized effort?

I am thinking that the 4th of July might be a good option. From what I see of the solar predictors, there's no sunspot activity expected in the next few days. Waiting for the 4th - a day when many of us will have some time off - might allow an opportunity for some favorable sunspot activity to help us out.

What does everyone think?

Rick , ever try a jumper cable grounded to the base of your antenna & dropped in the water ? I had a 63' Ford Econoline Van , use to park on a boat ramp ( off season ) & clip a jumper to my van & drop the other end in the bay . It made a difference . IMO

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Rick , ever try a jumper cable grounded to the base of your antenna & dropped in the water ? I had a 63' Ford Econoline Van , use to park on a boat ramp ( off season ) & clip a jumper to my van & drop the other end in the bay . It made a difference . IMO

I have tried that a couple of times, but never noticed it making a difference. Maybe someone more knowledgeable in the science behind it can chime in with some tips.

Had a friend years ago did the same thing from his Charger, Battery Charger clamp on
a 1/4" cable with a Bass boat anchor on the other end. He would park down by the bulkhead & throw the anchor into the bay & clamp onto the bumper.
Talked barefoot to stations from there that I could not even hear on my base less than
a half mile from that spot. The salt water in the Raritan Bay was better than having an
amp.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.