• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Retevis is giving away THREE radios for their 16th Anniversary! Click Here to enter!

Parts Needed / Royce 1-641

I looked at the schematic and this C35 shows up like something I've never seen before. Does a radial easily fit in there?

ncTlmue.jpg
It's an axial cap, that's why I missed it when I did the original recap. It looked like a diode or resistor to me. A radial went in with no problem after widening the legs a little. I had a choice of using either a 2.2 or a 4.7. I figured the 2.2 might make RX choppy, so I stuffed the 4.7 in and everything seems to be working closer to what I had expected.
 
I just noticed the letter "T" next to it. I wonder if that stands for "transverse" or maybe it's a tantalum .... ??? .

I I also noticed it heads right down to the am/ssb switch. So, this probably wasn't my receive issue in a.m. LOL I found a bad diode on the noise blinker board, that made the most difference in the AM receive noise, I guess it had an effect with the noise blinker on and off....
 

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.