• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Passed General class test

Congratulations, that is pretty awesome! Half heartedly studying... I really need to start applying myself more. :) Have fun on the HF bands!

Brett

Congratulations! You have opened up an entire new world for yourself. Extra is obtainable, but don't obsess over it -just have fun.

Sent from my fertile imagination.

Thanks some more. Yeah, the reason it was pretty easy was because I have been studying for a few weeks and trying to actually learn and not memorize only. I know that really helped as a study tool,LOL. One guy there that has been a Ham since radio waves were discovered, took a test, and I apologize, I don't remember the designation, but after he passed, it put him in a class that few obtain. At least that is what the VE's said. I got to talking to him about CW and he is willing to help me learn. how many of you all use CW? I have always thought it would be cool to learn and use. (y)

Funny, while talking with a local the other day... he said now that there's not a code requirement, lots more people seem interested in learning it. Interesting how our brains work, huh!

Brett

Well I guess old farts can still retain a little information. I have been studying for the past 3 weeks anticipating this mornings test. It seemed pretty easy and I did pass it with no sweat. Eeee Hawww, ok, now to start studying for the extra, I failed it! Only got about 55% on it. Next, I am going to have to start saving up for a HF rig. I have plenty of time to look and research, so here we go again.

Congrats, now setup your equipment and get on the air....hope to work you on those bands..,.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.