• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Passed my test!

Got it, totaly understand the deal with the jeep, I put the Yaesu 7900R in my F-150. My wife and I do alot of off road stuff in Big Bear and I wanted a good radio in my truck but budget was a consern as well as theft. Why I went with the FT-7900R is price and the deal for july was a free remote kit. I mount the main unit behind the seats out of site and the head unit clips to the center console for easy removal. The head is small enough that when we leave the truck I can take it with me or stash it in the clove box. Another nice thing is its a dual band radio 2 meters and 440 as well as a extened RX. I have all the local police, fire and public utilities programed in it so its like having a Ham radio with 2 bands and a scanner.

I also have a Yaesu FT-100D but I don't see doing alot of HF mobile due to antenna requirements needed.

Let us know what you decide.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.