• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Pay $20 more for non refurbished ?

Se7en

Jun 27, 2010
Ca
Is it worth the extra $20?
A refurbished unit would only have a 90 day warranty where as the new one is $20 more and comes with the full year warranty.

Sent from my SCH-I605

Depends on what you're buying. $20 on a $1000 item is insignificant.

You beat me too it.

Uniden bcd396xt

$349 for refurbished
$369 for brand new

Sent from my SCH-I605

What is the extra 275 days worth of warranty worth to you? At the HUGE extra expense of 7.3 cents/day it should be obvious which is the better deal.I know what I would do and I wouldn't miss the extra $20.

You beat me too it.

What is the extra 275 days worth of warranty worth to you? At the HUGE extra expense of 7.3 cents/day it should be obvious which is the better deal.I know what I would do and I wouldn't miss the extra $20.

Yup its worth it. Pulled the trigger

Sent from my SCH-I605

Another way to look at is the first owner of the refurbished unit took the gremlin hit.

It "should" now be the best it can be. Totally checked out for operation.

The new one has the same chance of being the next one to go to be refurbished as any other.

If it is a factory refurbished, I would not have a problem.
I would want more than $20.00 difference (us retirees
are stingy).

Also if you are planing mods that "violate" the warranty
being a refurbished unit not an issue.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated