• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

"Pay it Forward" contest prize thread

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
We'd like to start a monthly site contest and have received a some great suggestions to open up the prizes for everyone to contribute.

Got something that you're willing to donate as a site contest prize? Pay it forward by stepping up and letting us know what you're willing to contribute! It doesn't have to be radio related or even something expensive - just something that might be useful to someone else.

Use this thread to reply with something that you'd like to give away as a contest prize. When we have a few ideas, we'll come up with an idea for a drawing!

Please, serious replies only.... :p

Reactions: Superidgit

I'll donate an external Talkback Speaker with volume control and switchable noise blanker. Speaker works with any radio but for the Talkback function it must be a Cobra/Uniden type radio.

Additional idea: It would be nice if the recipients of these items would give the senders a feedback point here on the iTrader System.

Reactions: Superidgit
I have a Cobra 25 with a cobra mic someone gave me. I works no power cord though. Also I havent opened up but i suspect the limter has been removed. If it has I will replace it. I will donate that. Oh yea I will add in a recieve kit and rf520 kit so if the winner gets radio they can choose to install the kits or not. I will try to open it up this weekend.

Got a new in box Midland 5001Z cb that I'm scared to open. Would donate that.

I'm not offering anything as I'm a poor pre-law student, but here's some cheap suggestions:

Package of Amphenol SO239 or PL259 connectors. Who doesn't use these?
Jumpers of RG8X or LMR240
Handhelds (Wouxuns maybe?)
Deep cycle batteries
Solar panels
HV transformers
Solder
Soldering stations
Test equipment
Electronics component grab-bags

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.