• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

PC68XL

LACK OF INFO

Well guys and girls--Have been disappointed in the lack of answers to my posted question above..The history of the radio is as follows.. The radio was damaged because the original owner crossed the power wires.. I made a trade with him with the idea that it would be a good challenge to see if I could bring the radio back to life.. (Already have one in my collection) Finally got the carrier back and a very low modulation level..That is why I needed the pot # -to finish the project... However - with the lack of info that I expected to receive from the post above I guess I will go elsewhere... I am to close to the rebirth of my project to throw in the towel now.. I am disappointed in the lack of response...

MY POST

SORRY to disaggree w/ you FN.. The discription stipulates that this is the place to ask questions.. Secondly you could have steered me to to what you felt was the proper place to post this subject some weeks ago..NEVER MIND .. It is a dead issue on this forum as far as I am concerned,...

easy goes it Skinny , he was just try'in to help you ,and yes there are many places you can ask a question if need be. This is Rookie wave'in a hand at cha !! How's the ole 427 running for you ? sorry about not getting back with you but I did not have any doc on that radio , I could have told you a ballpark on it like , the main power is the pot right in front of the final and audio was either vr 4 or 5 on that radio and you can just slightly open the coil on the left side of the final ,but i didn't really want to tell you this with out having the absolute numbers to give you. This sir is a good Forum any way I look at it. IM sorry for any confusion you might have felt concerning this subject. don't feel like the long ranger out there ,I myself have asked many questions that did not get answers or it took sometime for them to even get a reply , but for the most part ,they do get answered. Keep coming back Skinny , it's always good to see you around every now and then. Switch Kit

What part of Gardena you in Karo ? grew up there back in the 60's , Worked at the ole Park Theatre on Cranshaw between Compton and Rosecrans Blvds.

It's all good Hillbilly (-: I think some folks just prefer to be incognito. His email isp said he was in Gardena ,I grew up there for a while. Some folks do and some folks don't . Nothing to lose any sleep over. Peace

L10 power (in front of final) you can slightly open L8 coil (power) sometimes it gives more other times not , if not ? you just leave as is. VR 5 is audio ,there's absoulutely no reason what so ever to clip anything in this radio.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.