• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

PCAPRS (like APRSDroid)?

C2

Aug 3, 2005
Just while setting up my APRS stations, I'd like to have a PC program that will decode the received audio from the mic (or line in) (and send data out the speakers).

I recall there was a complicated configuration that required AGWipe and UI-View and something else I thought, all had to be configured and running. Way too hard to rummage around the Internet to find all those components and then get them set up right...

Is there a simpler, single app, just like APRSDroid that will run on PC?

I tried Dire Wolf and this opens a terminal window with data. I configured the audio input in the config file since it did not look like it was selecting the default. But this window does nothing. It looked like it was supposed to decode and display the raw packets.

So now I'm looking again...

Just while setting up my APRS stations, I'd like to have a PC program that will decode the received audio from the mic (or line in) (and send data out the speakers).

You just need a soundcard digital mode application like MixW that supports Packet. Configure the line-in or mic-in for the output of your monitoring rig and it will decode the APRS packets. The problem with that is that the structure of the APRS message is cryptic, but the format is published if you really want to translate it.

If you want to actually map the APRS packets, you can use APRSIS32 (really good free windows APRS app) in conjunction a software TNC that accepts soundcard audio input. I know MixW has software TNC support; I did a thread a while back on how to use MixW as a fill-in digipeater using this same technique: http://www.worldwidedx.com/threads/how-to-aprs-fill-in-digipeater-using-mixw.32035/

Follow the instructions in that thread up to the point of actually enabling digitpeating (don't do that). After that, point APRSIS32 to the com port you created with MixW and it should start mapping the stations if you've set it up right.

If you need any help with APRSIS32 or MixW to get this working, feel free to post away..

OK, I may try mixW. I just wanted to test the output of an APRS device.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated