• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Pcb manufacturers

nfsus

Yeah its turned off, touch it
May 9, 2011
Arkansas
I'm looking for a manufacturer that will burn small quantity pcb's and help lay it out for a project. Anyone ever used anyone for that?

How big of a project is it?
I could possibly lay it for you . Is the schematic done?
It's just point to point and all in my head. I've not laid out anything for board format yet wires and parts everywhere. Itll fit on a 3x3 single layer board prob.

Expresspcb.com is probably the easiest starting point if you are not already experienced with drafting the board layout. Their software is a free download. The CAD file it produces gets uploaded to their site, you pay and boards get shipped to you.

Not the cheapest, but we have used them for over 20 years without a problem.

So out of these outfits, is there one I can make a line drawing for and they would do the pcb lay out? I'm not familiar with laying out parts on a board. Point to point is all I've ever done.

A CAD file for making printed circuit boards is like a photograph, with the line widths, pad and hole sizes all part of the file. There are two ways this happens. First, with a "captive" drafting program. It's a freebie download, but the CAD file that comes out of it is not standard, only works if you upload and buy from the outfit who provided the program. Expresspcb is set up this way.

Second method is a CAD program that lays out all those same details but saves them in an industry-standard set of files loosely referred to as "Gerber" format. A significant majority of pcb fabrication sources use this format.

Either way you end up drawing a picture of the board that will get made.

So out of these outfits, is there one I can make a line drawing for and they would do the pcb lay out? I'm not familiar with laying out parts on a board. Point to point is all I've ever done.
Most of the softwares available to that end have auto-place and auto-route funcions. The only thing you need to do is to draw the schematics and specify board size.
For example, this one: https://www.4pcb.com/free-pcb-design-software.html
There are a lot of videos about this features in YT that can ehlp you on the way. Try searching for "PCB auto-place auto-route".

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I use Eagle CAD and have my boards made by SeedStudio in ShenZhen, by Hong Kong.

Attachments

• Watergate sch.jpg
    Watergate sch.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 72
  • Watergate brd 1.jpg
    Watergate brd 1.jpg
    452.1 KB · Views: 73
  • Watergate brd 6x.jpg
    Watergate brd 6x.jpg
    391.3 KB · Views: 70
  • Watergate 6x board.jpg
    Watergate 6x board.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 74

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.