• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

PDX-400 Base Amp.

Chop

May 11, 2008
Rosepine, LA
just feeling this out. i have a pdx 400 amplifier for sale. it has been completely redone and gone thru by alan at tubesplus.com. i have spent a lot of money and time in this amp. the new tubes have never been broken in yet. i do not have an antenna that will handle the power this amp is capable of so i can not test it's output. alan said it should be good for 600-700w reliably. of course, more can be had if you choose to push it further. it is an 11 meter amp, only. this thing is a monster and pretty heavy. i'm looking to get $500 shipped via fedex. if there is any interest plz let me know.
Photo072.jpg

Photo073.jpg

packing material still inside to protect interior:
Photo074.jpg

Photo079.jpg

Photo080.jpg

Photo082.jpg

Photo083.jpg

final cost for all work done by Alan at tubesplus. yeah, it came to over $500.
Photo085.jpg

slight damage to exterior, no effect on performance.
Photo078.jpg

i hate to sell this amp because i bought it and sank a bunch of money into it thinking i would keep it for life. things have come up and i need cash like now. my loss is your gain. amp comes with tubes, also. plz pm me if interested. thanx.

i wouldn't put any more than a 2w carrier and 20w swing into it. it might handle more, but i personally would not exceed those numbers.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.