• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Percy Faith & His Orchestra

That’s because you should be listening to the brilliant 1999 re-mastered collection of Harry James in The Capitol Vaults Jazz Series.

Not a weak selection in hours and hours.

Percy Faith was the kind of garbage that turned folks off to their own centuries-in-development instruments and arrangements. An enemy plant to cut you off from your culture.

There is NOTHING like an orchestra that can swing. It’s American. And with James’ exquisite sense and timing, it’s powerful. Otherworldly.

Compare, You’re My Thrill”, to any other version of this well-known song. And wonder what late night session brought it forth. Or, “Smog-bound”. Or, (etc).

Believing, also, that “music of my parents generation”, etc, is a valid denominator is the Enemy in your head.

There were some one hit wonders of the type, Marconi, Hugo Winterthalter and , “Canadian Sunset”, escaped the confines.

Harry James (as well as Basie, Ellington, Miller, Goodman) did with depth what poor rock & roll could only claim to do. Pitiful three chords and electric screech feedback.

The beat of the heart, the control of breath. They gotta plug into the wall to play, well, time to leave. Bach or Mahler also await.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated