• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

picked this up in the wont work section on flea bay.

Rwb

tell the devil im gettin there as fast as i can,r
Jun 30, 2018
$20.00 at my door.hooked it up scratchy pots n mic not right.
somebody put a heavy spring in mic and the cb/pa switch was dirty,few shots o cleaner lots of working switches n she seems fine.
gutsy little radio almost 12 watts am and 32 pep lsb.
its going to kick 1 of my 980's out of the trucks. is this a pc 122 xl branded for radio shack? trc 465, give me the scoop on them. if it does fine in truck A think i might look for another for truck B
its got a couple scratches but for age seems not used much20230819_190435.jpg

Schematic sure looks like a PC-122.

thank you nomad. seems like i read somewhere they were the same board. as long as it outlives those new uniden 980's i got in our trucks. which it has done

No LCD display to rot away.

thats my first thought also. 1 of the 980 radios is muddy looking. the other ive swapped mics and spread pins where mic connects. on its own at random key mic and it changes channels
when your getting instructions as to what bay to drive into unload is not good time for that kind of action.
prolly cost more than they are worth to repair em. serial number break too so not sure if screen from 1 will fit the other

No LCD display to rot away.

it took squirt of contac cleaner to the pa switch,did the others to . lit er up n doggone it has 9 watts am 27 ssb and you can see the channel yuor on in the top of the kenworth in bright daylite. several told me it sounds great too

Reactions: TM86

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.