• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

PIRATE TV STATIONS: THE NEW CB ??

Here in Colombia, there are no broadcast stations on chans 3 or 4. So tonight, I put "THE BOURNE ULTIMATUM" into my CD player , selected spanish language, hooked my tv beam antenna to the RF output (set on CH. 3). and pointed the beam toward Alejandria (about 30 km away). After starting the movie, I drove to Alejandria and went to our apartment. I turned on our tv, clicked on Chan 3, and there was the movie, clear as crystal.

I have no idea how many people in town saw the movie, but I'm sure a lot of people did.

THIS IS SOOOOO COOL !!!

I told my wife to tell everyone to tune in tommorrow night. I'm going to try a short live segment ,followed by ,"Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Rings."

I'll post tomorrow night to let you know how it went. If this works here it will probably work in the US too. MAYBE with a little power I can beam a signal up tjere. Time will tell.

that cant be legal, even in colombia

I'd like to know how he covered 30 Kms (about 20 miles) just using the modulator out of his DVD player with crystal clear copy too. They typically have a power output of about a milliwatt because they are meant to be directly connected to the receiver. Try it sometime and see how far you get even with a good antenna.

Ohhh MY GAWD I CANT STOP LAUGHING!!! This is killing me here what next some guy and his old lady tearin one off? Doing the horizontal bop to disco music wavin to the neighbors and possibly after time the FCC through the camera? LOL Good lord :LOL::LOL:

This is Too funny..

But seriously...QRN is right..

Even with the best of antennas you would not even reach a half watt
To go 20 miles......NOT !!

Nice idea though...LOL

Well perhaps he is geographically challenged considering he thinks he is in Columbia but he has an IP address from Georgia USA.:unsure: Oddly enough someone else in this thread has the same IP address.:angry: Hmmmm............

I heard AOL recycles eye pees. Maybe some other eye es pees doo too?

And I really doubt 30 km just out of the modulated RF port of a DVD player. Maybe across the room.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.