• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Pitcairn Island DXpedition NOW

Heard them on 17 meters(18.150 up 10-15) this evening on the way home. Too much trouble to stop and set my IC-706MKIIG up for split, so I just listened to the mayhem!
Finally decided to listen around a bit lower and had a nice qso with a guy in PA. He was a good 20 over 9 and he said my little ICOM was doing just about the same. Guess, the big solar storm was helping everyone today!
trucker

It was a mess with stations all over a 10+khz spread calling.

That is pretty much it. It is hard to get in there and make that contact. Guess I was pretty lucky to nail them on the first call.

Funny thing was, I had my beam pointed towards Japan ATT. In other words, I made that contact off of the back side of my beam. Not exactly the way that I would have wanted it to be; but we both logged each other just the same.

They are operating on different bands at the same time. Try 'em all. Just remember that DXpedition team will be out there until the 4th of Feb y'all.
You can do it!

Last edited:
I believe I heard them on 28.405 split 28.425 @ about 3 my time this afternoon NO WAY could I get thru that pile up with my mobile

didnt even try...... to hard to that kind of split with a export radio driving 75 MPH anyways

I believe I heard them on 28.405 split 28.425 @ about 3 my time this afternoon NO WAY could I get thru that pile up with my mobile

didnt even try...... to hard to that kind of split with a export radio driving 75 MPH anyways

absolutely STUPID 20 Kc split^can not stand it^

I have ben listening to him for over an hour,..................
and he hasn't ID'ed once:headbang

Pitcairn

Hello all,

Worked VP6TC-Tom many yrs ago on 10,15,20 cw/ssb-do not think
he is very active anymore-that was back in 1971-

Have worked VP6T a few times for band slots needed-some very
good operators-Big pile-ups on them-Put some fire in the wire to
work them-they are on 20 SSB right now but light copy.
Good Luck guys.

Paul-K8PG

Is anyone hearing them on 40m SSB anywhere? Their published 40m SSB frequency is in the U.S. CW/digital only band.

VP6T
After 11.5 days of continuous operation the VP6T Pitcairn DX-pedition went QRT at 1632z on Wednesday 1 February. Logs with 56,300 QSOs have all been loaded to both ClubLog and LoTW. 73 - The VP6T Team : Jacques F6BEE, Vincent F4BKV, Michel FM5CD, Gilles VE2TZT and Nigel G3TXF.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.