• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Please people, dont do drugs.....

The old Macintosh Class A Audio Stereo Amplifier - from the Classic Tube designs they are known for.

Not a lot of watts - heck they didn't care if it pumped out Disco or Classical - the Taste to each his own.

They are a true throwback to a design era that is no longer considered "State Of The Art" - it's in a class all by itself. It is an Art - no other way to describe it.

It is a true to form design that is more of a neutral - no colorization - no emphasis or DE-emphasis - true fidelity design to the Music, the Artist and to the Audiophile enjoying it.

Reactions: Slowmover
View attachment 27567

I get that rabbit hole dug and can afford these, I really will disappear.
I would rather have these -
Carver%20Silver%207.jpg

Carver Silver Seven amps.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
If he can get what he is asking, I'd say it was a successful transaction. You see this all the time on eBay, nothing wrong with asking more than it's worth.
Whether its cb radio,cars or homes, it's the idiot who buys them and then finds out he paid too much.....

FREE Market Society.Any item is worth what someone is willing to pay for it & as long as the selling party & purchasing party are happy it's nobody's business Few people see the same value in the same item no matter what it may be. If someone wants to buy everything I own they may do so for just One Million Dollars & I would be very happy for them & me as well. {:>) :cool::po_O

SIX-SHOOTER

Reactions: Riverman
The old Macintosh Class A Audio Stereo Amplifier - from the Classic Tube designs they are known for.

Not a lot of watts - heck they didn't care if it pumped out Disco or Classical - the Taste to each his own.

They are a true throwback to a design era that is no longer considered "State Of The Art" - it's in a class all by itself. It is an Art - no other way to describe it.

It is a true to form design that is more of a neutral - no colorization - no emphasis or DE-emphasis - true fidelity design to the Music, the Artist and to the Audiophile enjoying it.

Great description.

Driving a pair of KLIPSCH Cornwall’s doesn’t take much. (The likelier amp will be one of Saint Hermon Hosmers 299’s).

1C7BCCCD-5E54-43DD-B9A5-86ECF572AE58.jpeg

The guy selling the 300A is way too high.

The question is, "on what?"

Hes just a butt hurt snowflake that got all mad when i told him his 899.00 price was too high so he raised it to 10 grand just to be a smart ass thinking hes cute....

FREE Market Society.Any item is worth what someone is willing to pay for it & as long as the selling party & purchasing party are happy it's nobody's business Few people see the same value in the same item no matter what it may be. If someone wants to buy everything I own they may do so for just One Million Dollars & I would be very happy for them & me as well. {:>) :cool::po_O

SIX-SHOOTER
Yeah if you are a clueless dumbass to pay that kind of money. Just sayin.

Reactions: SIX-SHOOTER

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.