• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

porkchop to the rescue again

let's get this thread back on track and talk about toasters again.

You guys may not have been able to see it in the provided photo, but that is not a toaster at all.

It is a very sought after CB radio award and if you look closely you can see the engraving that reads, "1986 Worked All Toasters Champion".

although i have it on good authority that he cheated and just connected his antenna coax right to the cable TV junction box at the street.

I believe there is a local here who is working on his...
LC

1986 was the last time I ran an amp. Texas Star 250. Neighbor came on the channel to tell me they could here me on their toaster. Amp sold the next day.

I have a buddy that comes and hangs out in my shop. If I’m on the dummy load I have no issues naturally but switch to the antenna and my computer speakers go crazy.

I like to do it when he’s sitting at my desk and being all serious. Just a regular radio will drive those cheap speakers crazy, it’s hilarious to watch him move so fast. Cuz looks like one of those windsock guys you see outside stores dancing in the wind, killer, haha.

I don’t know where he’s trying to go to so fast or what he thinks has got him but he can move.

I have a 10.00 dollar set of computer speakers that will do the same thing. they are not very loud when turned on and listening to some thing on the computer. but when the radio is a little dirty the speakers are very loud, about 4 times louder than when listening to some thing off the computer. they will not even have any power to them.

If I turn them off then there is no issue. These were about $150 if I remember correctly, 4 speakers and a powered sub. I’m sure there’s a solution but I have too much fun messing with him so I’ve just left them alone.

Gets him every time too, you’d think he’d be used to it by now but nope, jumpy little fella.

Come on out my way. El Reno, OK to Sids Diner for a world-famous Onion Burger.

Or drop down a little ways to Waco, TX to HEALTH CAMP

1986 was the last time I ran an amp. Texas Star 250. Neighbor came on the channel to tell me they could here me on their toaster. Amp sold the next day.

If I was that neighbor I’d have some real fun with my friends.

They enter, toaster on counter, spotlighted, otherwise dark.

With a prearranged signal to you, something coming out that was plain eerie.

I’d LOVE to have that toaster!!

One of the funnier things I ever “saw” at an RV Park was a fellow with a new high dollar motorhome. Voice Command awning (key fob in pocket).

I have a 10.00 dollar set of computer speakers that will do the same thing. they are not very loud when turned on and listening to some thing on the computer. but when the radio is a little dirty the speakers are very loud, about 4 times louder than when listening to some thing off the computer. they will not even have any power to them.

I had that issue with my powered computer speakers but I put a couple of Snap On Ferrite Beads on the speaker wires & the issue went away. Ferrite Beads are great for a lot of RF issues.

SIX-SHOOTER

I put an antenna setup on the old pickup this weekend so just waiting on the parts radio so I can get this one going and see how it does in the old ford.

Reactions: 357magnum
My friend has a set of Bose surround sound speakers , not much bigger than a Zippo lighter . First time sitting there watching a movie & yacking something big happened in the movie , they did there thing & I almost jumped off the couch ! I couldn't believe the sound that came out of these things ! Plus so small you don't know they are there !:LOL:

Reactions: Riverman
My friend has a set of Bose surround sound speakers , not much bigger than a Zippo lighter . First time sitting there watching a movie & yacking something big happened in the movie , they did there thing & I almost jumped off the couch ! I couldn't believe the sound that came out of these things ! Plus so small you don't know they are there !:LOL:

We bought a Bose Wave Music System 20 years ago to replace a large component system. It's about the size of a clock radio.
Unbelievable sound.

Reactions: 357magnum
Yup River , same here my wife just had to have one of those Bose Radio's! I listen to it more than her :LOL:. Yes you are right the sound is awesome considering the size ! Bought mine off a friend for $100 .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.