• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Portable Package

I have been researching antennas. I know my antennas need work but, they get me on the air. The wire antenna is one I made for around $10.00. I will be buying a antenna after the Holidays unless Santa asks me what I want. I need to go with a vertical. Not sure if I want to ground mount it. I got a dog and a camper that will be going in and out of the yard. I would like to put it on the roof but, need to find a antenna where radials are not a problem. I would atleast need 6-40 meters and use a dipole for 80. I don't do much 160. The Portable antenna is supposed to be a great antenna but, as with all verticle antennas, it compremises. I am also looking at the Tokyo High Power 750 watt solid state amp or something solid state in that price range. I will keep the forum posted as things progress. Thanks for the response and honest critisism.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio