• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Post Pics of tube amps here

Stuff Again

454 Driver
dcp0974a6sq.jpg

dcp09150lv.jpg

dcp09144xv.jpg

454 Project Maverick 250 Custom

dcp09434ce.jpg

454 Project 2 Single 3-500z

dcp10340nq.jpg

JUST A FEW WORDS-NEW HERE

New to this forum, but sure em enjoying it. I started in CB back in 1958, and have been in it since. Still have a great deal of my old radios, for keep sakes of years gone by. Started with Johnson, and Lafette, then came Comstat and Courier, Golden Eagle, and on upward to the 10 meters, pinning the pll and wow, CB radio. Now I am just an old 64 year old CB'er, who talks very late at night so I don't mess up the houses around me. Have no fear you out there in skip land, CB is comming back, but with more channels, more power, bigger ant.s. GOD BLESS YOU ALL " UNDERTAKER " WILD E. COYOTE or better known today as just plain " DIXIE "

GS-31B LINEAR Base Amplifier

WIZARD BASE AMPLIFIER, WITH A GS-31B TUBE . ALSO HAS A HEAVY DUTY 1/2 AMP POWER TRANSFORMER SURGE TO 1 AMP. COMES WITH INPUT AND OUTPUT TUNING. IT ALSO HAS bias diode voltage dropping assembly, The assembly is used in For CT circuit of the RF chassis to set bias to the tubes. This adjusts the resting current of the amplifier and sets the class of operation. This amp is ran on 120 volts AC with a 15 amp of draw.
50 watts key and 210 watts peak input drive gave me 650+ watts RMS and 1800+ peak....

Does this amplifier key via RF sensing? If so i would only assume that its low drive requirements would mean it works on VHF... but what freq. is this designed for? is this for 15m?
if so could I attenuate the input somehow so i can drive this with my 100 watt yaesu and achieve full legal limit out?

:LOL: a wizard built on 15 meters. I could imagine that QSO.

what kind of amplifier are you using?

A Wizard Built.

(hammy being confused that he didnt say ameritron,icom,kenwood) A Wizah what?

varmint 450 mint ,one of my own

few years back i had this .i had very many tube amps but didnt get pics of to many ...
1164118762018194386S500x500Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

modulators ..jb150`s mint wish i had kept one must of went thru 3 of em .got pics of 2 here.

another...
mvc375xdr4.jpg

i cant get the 450 pictures to load .they were abandoned on webshots years ago and i been having problems.i,ll try again later.

You can get a diagram of that amp here>>Palomar Electronics Corp. Skipper 300
I have a 310m (mobile version of the Skipper 300 8950 tube box.
It has a terminal strip that the appears to hold the trans-stage tuning inductor coil. On the oposite side of the strip there is a wire wound 20ohm cap,,,,do not want to guess the wattage. Thing is about 1.5" long though. One leg is on terminal 2 of the strip (top to bottom) and shares that terminal with a ceramic disc cap, the other leg is soldered to the bottom most terminal and again shares it with a leg of another ceramic disc cap.
It appears to bridge the 2 caps across the legs of the caps that are closest to each other. The other leg of the upper cap is tied to the inductor coil, the other leg of the lower cap appears to be tied soldered to a ground point below the last full terminal.
Hope this helps.
I can't get any pics from flickr to load.

Last edited:
my amp

my little amp..if ant one trys to steal this one they will need to bring some help it's at 100 lbs

Attachments

• momcats 057.jpg
    momcats 057.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 250
Hello all! I've got a couple of old "Boat Anchors"... {ALL ARE WORKING w/NOS tubes} Also, feel free to e-mail me if'n you need any tubes as I've got plenty of extras.

SR

Attachments

• ampcase1.JPG
    ampcase1.JPG
    162.3 KB · Views: 218
  • amp2.JPG
    amp2.JPG
    402.7 KB · Views: 210
  • d&a_amps.JPG
    d&a_amps.JPG
    715.4 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
my little amp..if ant one trys to steal this one they will need to bring some help it's at 100 lbs

I had one and I liked it, you could key it for a long time and not worry about it, no tvi problems, built well, built like a tank, got 1000w pep with only 110w of drive. felt like it had more in it. pain to use since you either needed a relay or a footswitch.... too goddamn heavy

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.