• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Post Pics of tube amps here

pheniiwin7141.gif

:w00t:

ok it iw not the palomar. this one has 2 relays not 3. and now it stopped keying up and recieving... time for the junk pile since I cant find info on it,, it has 6lx6 tubes in it.

That is Palomar 321 that someone put a SCP sticker on. Electrically they are a Skipper 300, one (1) driving three (3) and most likely running 6LF6 or 8950 tubes.

Last edited:
:LOL: a wizard built on 15 meters. I could imagine that QSO.

what kind of amplifier are you using?

A Wizard Built.

(hammy being confused that he didnt say ameritron,icom,kenwood) A Wizah what?

Ive had afew Hammies ask what kind of ham rig im running. When I tell them a Grant XL with a Wizard Built amp on 38lower thy are usually done with the conversation. They sound very good if just wanting something for 11 meter. I love mine!

Reactions: Enterprise312ok
Ive had afew Hammies ask what kind of ham rig im running. When I tell them a Grant XL with a Wizard Built amp on 38lower thy are usually done with the conversation. They sound very good if just wanting something for 11 meter. I love mine!
I get the same comments about my RCI 2950dx with the customized d-104m6b and my mack4orce 2/2879 with bob85 ab biasing and the insuing actions are the same.

3000 box

hi def i dont know how much you paid for that wizard 3000 box probably 5500 or more i sell these boxes for 3k.They come with vac variable in the tank circuit a vac variable for the input vac relays mercury contactors for to switch on the primarys soft start on the plate supply regulated supply for the relays bias circuit and much much more.All in a comercial cabinet.I have sold almost a dozen so far on ebay.And you get a full output eimac tube or econco with a real plug in socket not a china tube like wizard and a clamp socket.

OOPS THATS A 3cx1000 box i threw together real quick

Attachments

• 100_5700.JPG
    100_5700.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 255

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.