• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

POT Lights RFI

Hah the FCC don't have any time for that shenanigans they told me specifically in the letter they sent me..:unsure:

Funny isn't it? The FCC is empowered to chase down all manner of radio interference. Yet mfrs are continually building consumer electronics that cause interference. Not just gro-lites either; LED lamps, computer monitors, etc.... How did these mfrs get FCC approval? This has created a $#!+storm that can never be solved, once they have let their grip go.

Inversely, the FCC allows mfrs to create impending problems for consumer goods that can be interfered with by Amateur radio/CB transmissions.

Doesn't UL Labs certify stuff any more to cover FCC regs???

The airwaves are getting more congested and more polluted.

Maybe they should try to censor South Park and Family Guy again, that didn't work out well either.

I guess the FCC call this whole situation 'job security' - lol . . .

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Funny isn't it? The FCC is empowered to chase down all manner of radio interference. Yet mfrs are continually building consumer electronics that cause interference. Not just gro-lites either; LED lamps, computer monitors, etc.... How did these mfrs get FCC approval? This has created a $#!+storm that can never be solved, once they have let their grip go.

Inversely, the FCC allows mfrs to create impending problems for consumer goods that can be interfered with by Amateur radio/CB transmissions.

Doesn't UL Labs certify stuff any more to cover FCC regs???

The airwaves are getting more congested and more polluted.

Maybe they should try to censor South Park and Family Guy again, that didn't work out well either.

I guess the FCC call this whole situation 'job security' - lol . . .

UL or Underwriters Laboratories certifies only for safety has nothing to do with FCC regulations regarding spurious emissions.

With all this ignoring issues the FCC seems to be doing now it sounds like time for a class action suit against them by a bunch of radio operators who are being denied their hobby by the complete negligence of the FCC.

Reactions: 3 people
UL or Underwriters Laboratories certifies only for safety has nothing to do with FCC regulations regarding spurious emissions.

With all this ignoring issues the FCC seems to be doing now it sounds like time for a class action suit against them by a bunch of radio operators who are being denied their hobby by the complete negligence of the FCC.

It does look that way.

I think its shocking people could get busted for growing pot, just because lights interfere with radio, but i wouldn't worry too much as most pot growers will be going LED lighting in the future, a lot cheaper too run, safer, less chance of fire, and they know the frequency of light in the red and blue regions that are best for growing pot, the rest of the spectrum is wasted light, and more importantly, LED'S don't have a heat signature bears in the air can home in on with IR detectors, the fuckers are known for it here, another thing they look for is roofs with no snow when all around have snow :) So its about time green growers went green on lighting (y)

Reactions: 1 person
I think its shocking people could get busted for growing pot, just because lights interfere with radio, but i wouldn't worry too much as most pot growers will be going LED lighting in the future, a lot cheaper too run, safer, less chance of fire, and they know the frequency of light in the red and blue regions that are best for growing pot, the rest of the spectrum is wasted light, and more importantly, LED'S don't have a heat signature bears in the air can home in on with IR detectors, the fuckers are known for it here, another thing they look for is roofs with no snow when all around have snow :) So its about time green growers went green on lighting (y)

Some say that the green spectrum of light can be beneficial too, if you need to tend your garden during it's dark cycle ...

then we will have to deal with PMW interference from the LED system.... I stumbled on to a video on YouTube on it not I cant fined it

Last edited:
Some say that the green spectrum of light can be beneficial too, if you need to tend your garden during it's dark cycle ...

Its all about getting the right wavelength the plants benefit from, but LED is deffo the future and safer, leccy companies don't notice dramatic rise in consumption so can't grass you, bears in the air can't spot the heat signature as there is none and the plants grow better, if only someone could mask the smell, thats what got me busted last good friday due to grassing neighbours who didn't appreciate my penchance for high grade blue cheese, arseholes, lol,

at least i wriggled out the 75 quid fine the court sent, lmao, i phoned and complained they did an illegal entry with no warrant,and threatened them with my solicitor getting their officers sacked for breaking and entering, lol, got a visit from head of drug squad next day who saw my lawyers card on the table and me starting with, guess where i was yesterday, and my msp, and social work all harrassing them for it, he phoned the procurator fiscal and got them to drop the charge and fine as wasn't in public interest to pursue,that's legalese for if we go to court we're fucked,

pays to know the laws too :) never got my 20 quid bit of weed back mind, but as he said its a small price to pay to know we won't crash your door in, last time they visited close they did crash my neighbours door in 13 handed in stab vests, guess he wasn't smoking the odd joint or two, ironically guy that put his door in was one who knocked mine,

i thought they were coming back to hit me as i told them you can hit me every day and i'll have more 10 mins later, so sent my son to answer the door, to save door repair costs, and ask if they had a warrant for a laugh, as if they've got a persuader to crash in doors its a cert they've got a search warrant too, he came back but all excited shouting in disbelief they ran upstairs past our door, was a relief but nice to know they have chosen to ignore me puffing and go after dealers, might be best 20 quid i ever spent as costs about 150 quid to get door fixed not to mention mess they make ripping your house apart. Plus they were too lazy to search house and asked if i had anything else, i sacrificed one of my bags, had they looked elsewhere they have found a few more bits, i never keep my eggs in one basket,

when i told them that sarcastically when they told me their men had put in complaint too efficiently for them to block it and would have to phone PF to do it, i mentioned i noticed how efficient they were searching, lol, he asked me if i had ever heard the saying quit while your ahead, i just laughed and said naw, turned out he was one of the few decent coppers who kept his word and marked on the computer system i was a low level user and not a dealer or grower, as he couldn't guarantee a neighbour wouldn't complain again, but he could guarantee if he wrote that and i got a visit all i had to say was go get a warrant and they'd be fucked as with that tagged on their computer system no judge would grant a warrant for a user.

next two women pc's that visited on another matter, first thing they said was don't worry we ain't here about the pot and joked by the way your air freshner is shyte, i'd been puffing as they knocked the door, i was like give us a break man, i had no warning, lol, they replied, we know, we heard you spraying it, not all coppers are cunts, ironically it took me getting busted to find that out. ;) Still a few decent ones out there :eek:;)

Its all about getting the right wavelength the plants benefit from, but LED is deffo the future and safer, leccy companies don't notice dramatic rise in consumption so can't grass you, bears in the air can't spot the heat signature as there is none and the plants grow better, if only someone could mask the smell, thats what got me busted last good friday due to grassing neighbours who didn't appreciate my penchance for high grade blue cheese, arseholes, lol,

at least i wriggled out the 75 quid fine the court sent, lmao, i phoned and complained they did an illegal entry with no warrant,and threatened them with my solicitor getting their officers sacked for breaking and entering, lol, got a visit from head of drug squad next day who saw my lawyers card on the table and me starting with, guess where i was yesterday, and my msp, and social work all harrassing them for it, he phoned the procurator fiscal and got them to drop the charge and fine as wasn't in public interest to pursue,that's legalese for if we go to court we're fucked,

pays to know the laws too :) never got my 20 quid bit of weed back mind, but as he said its a small price to pay to know we won't crash your door in, last time they visited close they did crash my neighbours door in 13 handed in stab vests, guess he wasn't smoking the odd joint or two, ironically guy that put his door in was one who knocked mine,

i thought they were coming back to hit me as i told them you can hit me every day and i'll have more 10 mins later, so sent my son to answer the door, to save door repair costs, and ask if they had a warrant for a laugh, as if they've got a persuader to crash in doors its a cert they've got a search warrant too, he came back but all excited shouting in disbelief they ran upstairs past our door, was a relief but nice to know they have chosen to ignore me puffing and go after dealers, might be best 20 quid i ever spent as costs about 150 quid to get door fixed not to mention mess they make ripping your house apart. Plus they were too lazy to search house and asked if i had anything else, i sacrificed one of my bags, had they looked elsewhere they have found a few more bits, i never keep my eggs in one basket,

when i told them that sarcastically when they told me their men had put in complaint too efficiently for them to block it and would have to phone PF to do it, i mentioned i noticed how efficient they were searching, lol, he asked me if i had ever heard the saying quit while your ahead, i just laughed and said naw, turned out he was one of the few decent coppers who kept his word and marked on the computer system i was a low level user and not a dealer or grower, as he couldn't guarantee a neighbour wouldn't complain again, but he could guarantee if he wrote that and i got a visit all i had to say was go get a warrant and they'd be fucked as with that tagged on their computer system no judge would grant a warrant for a user.

next two women pc's that visited on another matter, first thing they said was don't worry we ain't here about the pot and joked by the way your air freshner is shyte, i'd been puffing as they knocked the door, i was like give us a break man, i had no warning, lol, they replied, we know, we heard you spraying it, not all coppers are cunts, ironically it took me getting busted to find that out. ;) Still a few decent ones out there :eek:;)

yawn

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.