• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Power rises slowly

Cricketsman05

Mar 30, 2008
I have a Palomar 300 Skipper and when I key it and tune it the power will rise to about 425. When I let the amp idle and key up again after a minute or two the power goes to 250 but will eventually climb to 425 after a minute or two. What would cause this to happen.

Thanks,

Have a safe and happy Memorial Day!!

I have a Palomar 300 Skipper and when I key it and tune it the power will rise to about 425. When I let the amp idle and key up again after a minute or two the power goes to 250 but will eventually climb to 425 after a minute or two. What would cause this to happen.

Thanks,

Have a safe and happy Memorial Day!!

Have you tried a different radio? it maybe the biasing in the radio changing as the radio warms up each time it's keyed.

Mine did that and the tubes cherried. Bad biasing I guess. Got rid of the amp after replacing lots of tubes that kept doing the same thing.
Those weak tubes take a while to heat up and bring the wattage up.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.