• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Power strip

743SEPA

Sep 19, 2018
Etown,Pa.
Anybody know where I can get a 12 volt power strip? Looking for something I can hook my power supply to and power multiple devices without wires going everywhere.

I like MFJ strips for their convenience. They make it easier to swap components in and out without disconnecting the entire harness. As far as the neatness issue is concerned, you will still have the same amount of wires to deal with, plus one, the wire going between the strip and the power supply.

They have those made out of stamped metal, just loosen the screws slip it in and tighten them back down.

I don't think they were around when the studios weee originally built. Then again they might have been. The chief engineer at the time was rather..........umm........frugal. Yeah that's the word..frugal.

I’m not fond of barrier strips because of all the needed jumpers. You really need two of those strips, one strip for positive and the other negative. Dual bus bars run about the same price and solve that issue. If you want frugal, this is the route I would go. This marine item from Blue Sea Systems makes both 5 and 10 gang versions of these and will handle 100A.
bus bar.jpg

Dang it.you guys lead me to places where i drool n spend my hard earned $$$ on stuff i kindabsorta need.
Those busbars bern around a longntime.im using a double 5 bus bar now on my power supply.its off a 84 peterbilt

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.