• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

power supply plans

weatherman49

Apr 27, 2006
El Dorado AR
I have a small rat shack power supply but it aint enough does anybody have plans for maybe a 10 amp supply that i can use to run a modified mobile cb out of the house thanx in advance

tahnx I looked at both the bigun is probably a little out of my budget right at this moment but tell me what ya think of this idea I have a 100 amp alt off a 87 nissan just sitting around and a dryer that the heating element went out in but the motor still works good and a 600 cca megatron from the nissan thought about making somethin out of these any suggestions?

I have my doubts the motor is powerfull enough to spin the alternator with a heavy current load.I used to run an alternator with a 4 hp. gas engine (old lawn mower engine) back at the old camp and the engine would die down a bit when a discharged battery was connected to it.Charging rate was no more than 35 amps at the time.Only one way to find out for sure.

The best thing to do is Buy or Build you a bigger power supply and be done with it.....I don't think the dryer motor/alt. combo will get it.....But you can try it.....since it's your stuff !

BTW if you need info on building you a larger power supply just go to Google and enter the words "Power Supply" or "Power Supply circuit" or "Power Supply Schematic" and you will have all the info that you will ever need .......maybe more than you even want!...LOL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.