• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

prepper radio forum/ham call sign

medic18d

Nov 23, 2013
I am a Ham as well as a person interested in prepper related reading .
So i thought about joining a prepper / ham forum.

Yet I consider posting my call sign, in a forum where i discuss my food,water
weapons inventory as well as survival/tactics and planning a major issue.

I love what our fellow hams are trying to achieve here and in a perfect world
it would be safe to talk about these topics in a public forum. we know that is not the case.

All it takes is a call sign look up and anyone who read your prepper thread
will know exactly what you have and where it is and even your drills on defense if ever posted. Im just being cautious and letting my buddies be aware of mixing the two topics . thx for reading
It is sad that we live in a world where we even have to worry about these things . my .02cents

DOC

your in luck, there are tons of unprepared people . trying to take what a man has worked for might get you in a bad place .
best of luck to you . you must be a gambler

Last edited:
All it takes is a call sign look up and anyone who read your prepper thread
will know exactly what you have and where it is and even your drills on defense if ever posted. Im just being cautious and letting my buddies be aware of mixing the two topics .

DOC

No call sign needed. It only takes a few seconds more to locate you by your ip address.

...All it takes is a call sign look up and ...

DOC

prepper lesson learned,..... you don't have to give your home address for an Amateur license. many people use an alternative one.

too late now, once it's on the web, it will never go completely away.

prepper lesson learned,..... you don't have to give your home address for an Amateur license. many people use an alternative one.

good point . I dont think your average thief knows what an ip address however
preppers are being considered extremist by our gov.
prepper forum is a good way to end up on list .

good call with the ip tracking . many ways to impose on the people
better safe than sorry

If I'm ready to raid a fully prepped prepper, its because SHTF. There most likely won't be a www. to track down IP addresses from. So...one should start pulling up physical addresses sooner than later.

The address you give on your ham license applicaton has to be a valid one where you can receive mail from the FCC. PO Box is perfect. So is another address as long as the mail addressed to YOU at that address gets to you within a short time after it's received.

The address you give on your ham license applicaton has to be a valid one where you can receive mail from the FCC. PO Box is perfect. So is another address as long as the mail addressed to YOU at that address gets to you within a short time after it's received.

Brilliant thinking sir.

Call me crazy, but the first rule about being a "prepper" is making damn sure my neighbors don't know I'm a prepper!!! Otherwise you might as well erect a banner over your house.

Reactions: 3 people
Call me crazy, but the first rule about being a "prepper" is making damn sure my neighbors don't know I'm a prepper!!! Otherwise you might as well erect a banner over your house.

totally agree ,

people will exhaust all your supplies, if you let them or they might even try to steal from you.

my neighbors complain about my antennas. Im not gonna go outta my way
for people who look down on me or my hobby.

that was great;) what experiance i lack in radios i make up for in firearm knowledge,and building alum bullpup stocks with most of my rifles and shotguns are a past 8 yrs hobby.
is there a other hobbys/gun thread here.
so go ahead and come rob me:D ammo may be exspensive but i been saving since it was cheap:pop:

btw,love you signature!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.