• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Adams Fcc mod help

0delta

Jul 16, 2012
Hi ,a friend bought a President Adams FCC and asked me to modify it for the freq. 27,415 which his group uses, I thought it was similar to president andy am / fm but to my surprise it is different.I tried to replace the resistors that were omitted, 2 of 47k and one of 100k, following Andy's instructions, but without results.Is there any modification to do it?
I would appreciate any help.
micro full ok.jpgmicro ok.jpgpll ok.jpgI include some photos of the ic

That original Adams was a beautiful and reliable radio ! Not so sure about it's modern replacement........

If it helps, here is an English translation of the ARM microcontroller datasheet (the HC32L130). The little chip in your 3rd pic is the FM detector.

The omitted resistors your circled, I believe, not 100% sure here, are probably for UART communication (to program the micro, that white silkscreen rectangle with pins 1,2,3). They are likely omitted so nobody connects it to a PC and attempts to reprogram that processor. Thats what pin PA02 is listed as being for in the datasheet (where your red line goes).

Edit: That 1,2,3 silkscreened connector area has no solder on pin 3 (that goes to PA02), which makes perfect sense as that is UART TX. They don't need to read from the chip, only write to it, so that explains the solder on pin 2. PA03 (the first pin around that corner) I believe is RX from that pin, but I cannot see the traces underneath.

Attachments

• 1908201531_HDSC-HC32L130F8UA_C410929.zh-CN.en.pdf
    4.3 MB · Views: 5
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Thank you sp5it and brandon7861 for the schema and info , i´ll try to recreate the circuit and try the mod for the andy and barry.
In a few days (i hope...)I will post the results, and yes,there is nothing like the original Adams.
thanks again for your help.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.