• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Andy, 4 pin microphone

Groundhog KSS-2012

Sep 8, 2019
Does it hurt or, will it affect the President Andy radio in any way if I use a 4 pin power mic on it?
Many Presidents are 6 pin but the Andy I bought new last yr is 4 pin.
These radios come with an "electric", factory mic, I believe. I think I read that.
Just looking for a bit of info before I go and try one and mess something up.
If anyone know, I really appreciate hearing from you.
Thanks in advance

Does it hurt or, will it affect the President Andy radio in any way if I use a 4 pin power mic on it?
Many Presidents are 6 pin but the Andy I bought new last yr is 4 pin.
These radios come with an "electric", factory mic, I believe. I think I read that.
Just looking for a bit of info before I go and try one and mess something up.
If anyone know, I really appreciate hearing from you.
Thanks in advance
If i remember correctly I believe the only thing is you'd need to disconnect the wire from either pin 4 because it isn't needed.

Another thing would be the voltage coming from pin one. You'd need a capacitor from audio to ground inside the microphone.

There's a thread on the president lincoln where another forum member did the research on this subject. Just have to find it and it could help you in this endeavor.

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012
If i remember correctly I believe the only thing is you'd need to disconnect the wire from either pin 4 because it isn't needed.

Another thing would be the voltage coming from pin one. You'd need a capacitor from audio to ground inside the microphone.

There's a thread on the president lincoln where another forum member did the research on this subject. Just have to find it and it could help you in this endeavor.
Thanks for the info. Greatly appreciated.

Not the same radio but the same concept with the audio pin.

Credit to @Dr_DX for working on that and schooling us.

I have an Andy II FCC and you can switch between Electret and Dynamic for the mic. I have mine set to Dyna and am running a really old Astatic D104 M6B. I just checked your manual and it appears that is a feature President added to the Andy II. But I ran that mic on a Uniden Pro 520XL for 35 years with no issue. Bought the pair in 1987. You may want to contact President-USA @ +1 239 302 3100 and verify.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.