• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Andy2

Jul 12, 2022
Does anyone know how to get into the service menu on the Andy2? My Andy2 came in at 2.8 watts,i have good tested equipment,I have had Cbs for 30 years, and The president company is no help,told me to send it back,or take it to service repair, so there goes 3 weeks. Thanks for sharing

Watch a video on Youtube from NLK media for the Barry II which is the same radio in Europe but with FM.
That would give you an idea on what to do.
I did and he even answered me back with a ton of information.Great guy! The Barry 2, I guess is the UK equivalent of the Andy 2, the only difference is the FCC rating or something. But he told me once I mod. mine to give him all my data that I get ,because he is interested in good solid data ,since I use similar equipment that he does... so everything worked out great. Thanks for sharing

I did and he even answered me back with a ton of information.Great guy! The Barry 2, I guess is the UK equivalent of the Andy 2, the only difference is the FCC rating or something. But he told me once I mod. mine to give him all my data that I get ,because he is interested in good solid data ,since I use similar equipment that he does... so everything worked out great. Thanks for sharing
Glad to help! I think that is the purpose of this forum.
His videos are good. I have watched most of them. I don't know if the Andy II has the FM parts in it but if they were there it would be easy to enable it.

I do not have a President radio. I have an Anytone AT-500m which basically has the same features to a AM/FM President radio. I am getting into the hobby after many years out of it. I need to find a good SSB radio on the cheap.

Cheers.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Watch a video on Youtube from NLK media for the Barry II which is the same radio in Europe but with FM.
That would give you an idea on what to do.
I took my Andy2 apart and there was no white wire to cut nor was there a jumper I'm supposed to move from 1,2, too 2,3 it's nothing like the Barry ll. I'm going to return it and buy a tunable cobra. Shoulda,coulda,Should,,, lesson learned. Thanks for sharing

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.