• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Dwight D

$75. most are so old the caps are starting to dry out. i wouldnt pay more than 40 for one as i know what it will need.

Yes, for starters. All the electrolytic caps would be drying out, and some might be fully failed. Now, I personally wouldn't mind paying 60-70 for a tested Dwight D, but where I am, the resale is pretty good for something like that.

does the old dwight use the same board as the jfk, scooper mky550e,chaser mc5000???,

its years since i saw a dwight but i know there was a base radio that used the same dual final/dual audio ic board as the jfk over here,
the mobiles units were very highly regarded back in the AM days

i have an old stock jfk that keys upto 14w and swings about 50w pep on my meter but nobody ever mentions them on the forum :?

old dwight d. is a single final radio , ,I thought it was simlar to the Cobra 1000 ? Maybe not. Good Look'in Radio. (-:
pres_dwightd-2.jpg

This is strange. I have an old outside thermometer in the shack that I have had for more than 10 years. I have used no less than 15 or 20 diffrent CB's and they all have interfered with the thermometer. I just noticed the Dwight D does not !?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.