• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President George II

It's a conspiracy, they heard me say that the last radio I bought was the last one.........

Attachments

• georgeii4languesfrenesplv1.02advanceduserguide-385.pdf
    5.3 MB · Views: 26
Reactions: Crawdad and Pez
I can’t find it on the USA site. Also, it sure looks a lot like a Uniden 980SSB.

Today from Delboy, looks like a FCC version is planned.

Jeff

Today from Delboy, looks like a FCC version is planned.

Jeff
That's a good looking radio imo, hopefully it's true.
There was a radio from President that resembled that one a lot but had a lot of bad reviews. I can't remember what it was called but it looked almost identical to the 980ssb.

Hopefully this will be a good one.

Reactions: Brother DXer
That's a good looking radio imo, hopefully it's true.
There was a radio from President that resembled that one a lot but had a lot of bad reviews. I can't remember what it was called but it looked almost identical to the 980ssb.

Hopefully this will be a good one.
The President Grant II, released in 2014, but the first ones were subject to overload on RX.
Version one, then 2, then they sorted it out with the Grant II Premium including a better filter.....but it was too late.
By that time the word got out and people only wanted the Premium version.
I am sure they will price the George above the rest of the market because that's what they do.....

Jeff

Last edited:
Reactions: Eldorado828
The President Grant II, but the first ones were buggy.
Version one, then 2 then they sorted it out with the Grant II Premium including a better filter.....but it was too late.
By that time people were staying away.
I am sure they will price them above the rest of the market because that's what they do.....

Jeff
Yep that sounds right. After readings reviews I remember looking away. That makes sense why they'd avoid using that name again after that.

Looks like being an fcc that it will be a cb rather than an export. I'll be watching for this rig!

By editing out languages other than English, substantial file space is saved, plus its less aggravating. This will be my personal pdf in case I ever decide to purchase a George II.

Attachments

• President George II.pdf
    14.1 MB · Views: 22
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.