• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Grant 2........?

My Grant was already converted. I also noticed that the AM DK is just below 2 watts. SSB is 12 watts and FM is 4 watts.
I'm not sure if Yeticom lowered my DK or not. Anyways, I left it there to run with my amp.

The Grant II is a decent little radio. The features are nice and it gets good audio reports. My main complaint is the noisy receive. At least it's not as noisy as a 29XX, Stryker or Galaxy.

With all that said:

I'm scratching my head as to why I paid $408 to have this radio delivered (in a f*****g brown paper bag, no less) to my shack.

Stacked up against my Optima MK3, it loses in all departments, except AM audio. Is the Grant II a decent radio? Yes, but nowhere near the current asking price.

I'd recommend buying an Optima, instead of the Grant.

I do believe I was a moron for paying as much as I did. Now...I must redeem myself by buying a new HF radio.

Lol

Reactions: 3 people
Well i guess ill save my money............ Ho hum. just another new radio that performs like a turkey.... **yawn**.

The Grant II is a decent little radio. The features are nice and it gets good audio reports. My main complaint is the noisy receive. At least it's not as noisy as a 29XX, Stryker or Galaxy.

With all that said:

I'm scratching my head as to why I paid $408 to have this radio delivered (in a f*****g brown paper bag, no less) to my shack.

Stacked up against my Optima MK3, it loses in all departments, except AM audio. Is the Grant II a decent radio? Yes, but nowhere near the current asking price.

I'd recommend buying an Optima, instead of the Grant.

I do believe I was a moron for paying as much as I did. Now...I must redeem myself by buying a new HF radio.

Lol

how does the recieve in the optima compare to tried favorites like a 2950,2510,5010,lincoln

I agree with m42duster, I have had most of those radios and others, and keep going back to the optima mk3, I have 2 of them now. get them when they are in the states and save over $100.

2.5mm is standard size president use for accessories like ext s meter,

in the case of the new radios I believe its 3.5mm ext speaker socket is for the new dect Liberty Speaker/Microphone, President Liberty Wireless Mic | LIBERTY

The 2.5 mm will be for the smaller vox mic Easterbunny Online has linked too.

Again president missed the boat with the liberty mic, ideal to use the radio remotely but sadly lacking one ot two essential controls like channel change,clarifier and band change, yet again another good idea badly put into practise,

I can't see any practical use for it unless you sit on the same channel all day, channel/band/mode and clarifier control would have made it a far more useful function,The idea is good,execution of it pish poor and badly thought out unless your a one channel wonder, I'm sure podgy will be first to buy one so he can sit out the back on the 2 days of summer we get and abuse foreigners on 555. President are killing their own reputation slowly but surely.

I've been in the chippy in Saltcoates and can't say I noticed deep fired mars bars but then I wouldn't have been looking for them and I'm sure any chippy in Scotland would do them if you asked, infact I've been in all the chippys in saltcoates,stevenston and ardrossan which all lie right next to each other on the coast about 30 miles from Glasgow and can't remember seeing them advertised in any of them or in the multitude of chip shops in Glasgow, but like most Chinese or Indian takeaways here the chippies will do just about anything you ask them to do,Scots have some weird culinary tastes from munchy boxes to deep fried chocolate and the ever popular chips/cheese and curry sauce, then wonder why we have a lower life expectancy than baghdad

Ah, the chippy...

Fish and chip shop down under but a few of my pommy friends refer to it as the chippy.

KnowwhatImean...?;)

cheers

Bruce

I've been in the chippy in Saltcoates and can't say I noticed deep fired mars bars but then I wouldn't have been looking for them and I'm sure any chippy in Scotland would do them if you asked,

It was some time ago George, late 90's as I recall. Looking on Google Streetview it looks like its a generic kebab/pizza type place now whereas at the time it was just a fish and chip shop run by a Scot.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.