• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Grant 2........?

The ham who kept repeating his call sign? I heard him too and I then changed the frequency. I think the guy did that all day long because I heard him again that evening.

I apologize If this has already been asked but I was wondering once you guys start getting your grants in the mail if you can tell us if the screen is made any better than the 980. The 980's screen scratches very easy. Too easy matter of fact. Hope the grant has fixed this issue.

That's why I'm waiting.

As for the face. There's a clear film available for plastic headlights to keep them from fogging over eventually. It's like that protective film for smart phones. May be worth a google if one was so inclined.

The film protector by zagg for phones that you squeegee on works great on iPhones. No bubbles and is 100 percent scratch resistant. Looks like a sheet of glass. They make a universal sized one that would fit the 980 but I've been Leary to try. Don't know what hot and cold weather would do to it. or sunlight glare for that matter. They are about 15 bucks. was hoping someone had tried one already. I think it would work though.

Find a small sign company and ask them if you can have one of their offcuts of clear vinyl. It'll be far better than any of the screen protectors you can buy and they'll probably give you it for nothing out of the scrap bin.

I apologize If this has already been asked but I was wondering once you guys start getting your grants in the mail if you can tell us if the screen is made any better than the 980. The 980's screen scratches very easy. Too easy matter of fact. Hope the grant has fixed this issue.

Just leave the screen/face protector on as long as possible should help keep it mark free.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.