• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President HR 2510 to much watts RM Italy KL-503

I have just purchased the HR 2510 and have turned down the DK to about 1 1/2 watts the problem is it dk's 22 watts and the audio pushes my RM KL-503 from about 22 watts to 250 watts. Despite the low dk is this just to much swing for the KL-503? Also the KL-503 is on number 1 power and has 6 power settings I have been to nervous to even try. I have been using my 148 for years and as you can see on the bottom it will soon have a vfo maybe I should just wait.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:

It may be, the hr2510 is a dual final radio and can make some watts. Good radios, just think a straight 4 pill would work best with that radio IMO. Use the 148 on the kl503 IMO. Less chance of blowing the amp.

Or just use the 148 and leave the amp the way it was built. Buy a good biased amp like a TNT 600HD for use with that 2510. That's JMO.

The kl503 are biased vary well for ssb..

If you do bypass the predriver you won't have to turn down your 148

Last edited:
It may be, the hr2510 is a dual final radio and can make some watts. Good radios, just think a straight 4 pill would work best with that radio IMO. Use the 148 on the kl503 IMO. Less chance of blowing the amp.

the HR2510 is NOT a dual final radio, its a single final radio...

Reactions: 1 person
Okay sorry guys, I knew it could put some watts out, used to have one long ago and it was a barefoot talker.

i agree with whats been said
1 use the rm on the 148 as you have
2 buy atexas star 500v straight 4 pill amp.use with 2510 only .
the 2510 is a great talker barefoot .ive seen 40 watts b4. but on ssb

i agree with whats been said
1 use the rm on the 148 as you have
2 buy atexas star 500v straight 4 pill amp.use with 2510 only .
the 2510 is a great talker barefoot .ive seen 40 watts b4. but on ssb

BINGO. We cb'ers always seem to feel the need to drive that square peg into a round hole. Disable this pill, turn this down, adjust that, modify the other thing.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.