• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President HR2510

Crambone

Jan 22, 2019
anyone know the number or type for D152? The dummy diode? I can’t read it off the online schematic or the old diode.

Uh, "dummy diode"?

That's the reverse-polarity protection diode.

Good name for it, though.

Any power-supply rectifier will work. The bigger the better. The voltage rating of the part won't matter. We adopted the habit of using a 6-Amp rectifier diode in all the mobile radios we service. It gets upgraded, if the factory didn't install one that size.

Tends to prevent trouble down the line. The original 1-Amp diode shown in the schematic is prone to explode and take itself out of the circuit if you hook it up backwards without a fuse. The bigger one won't generally do that.

Ok thank you, ya I was pulling it out to test it and I don’t know if I broke it or it was broken. No modulation and only the bar meter is working on the screen.

Yes it receives only other thing besides part of display not working is the frequency knob. Channel buttons on front panel and microphone do work.

ok I replaced the diode and some of screen is lit but not all. I don't show any voltage on D112 or D113

Update we now have modulation it was a bad mike element but still no METER bars showing but everything else working. any thoughts on were to look?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.