• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Jackson Low output

2FB327

Oct 31, 2012
I need some help. It keys one watt and with whistle it goes to two watts.
I'm trying to bring this one back from the dead.
I found the manual on cb tricks, but it's hard to view.

It does have the correct driver(which test bad) with the insulator craced.

When I took the final(MRF477) out to test it, there wasn't an insulator, Is it suppose to have one or did the last guy leave it out and this may be the cause of my problems?
Thanx

I need some help. It keys one watt and with whistle it goes to two watts.
I'm trying to bring this one back from the dead.
I found the manual on cb tricks, but it's hard to view.

It does have the correct driver(which test bad) with the insulator craced.

When I took the final(MRF477) out to test it, there wasn't an insulator, Is it suppose to have one or did the last guy leave it out and this may be the cause of my problems?
Thanx

yes it needs the insulator in it with heat sink compound. the final and driver may be burnt out now if it was used with out the insulator. I have 2 of them and they work good if done right. they talk good with a mod for AM, ssb is great from the factory on this radio. both of mine do 1 1/2 watt dead key on AM and swing to 25 watts. ssb does about 30 watts.

Reactions: 1 person
When applying the heatsink compound don't go overboard with it. Too much and it acts as an insulator.

Thanks`

Back in the day I had a Grant, one of the best radios I ever owned.

I couldn't understand why someone would replace the final without the insulator.

Two more questions:
Where to order the Mitsubishi 2sc2166 and insulators?

Can I subsititue something in it's pace?

Thanks mike, But now i'm really confussed,it looked like the orginal heat sink compound around the final.
I haven't gotten that far yet, it has been butchered, replaced the polarity diode to get it to light,extra caps and resistor on the solder side, took out the driver and final and tested, found shorted driver.

mine has 1.5 watt dead key and swings to 6 watts am .
i have no issues with mine . these are not am monsters at all , however they have an
awesome receive.

Q. are you going off an external meter or the one on the face of the radio?

If your asking me, I used two different external meters to check the dead key, and I found a bad driver, awaiting parts.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.