• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Jackson PB332AA ASC

take a look at secret cb number 24 page 24. it shows the layout of the clarifier and the color of the wires. it shows the orange wire to hook to the main board and to the center front pin of the clarifier. this may be what you are looking for.

Hi Sonoma, the clarifier is unmodified and the orange wire you refer to is in place.
Thanks again, your time and effort is appreciated.

The quickest way to find out what that Orange Wire needs, is to turn on ASC - does the light come on?

No light? Look for the 8 volts from the receive - Probe for voltage, find the variable power (wiper arm) and the low side of the Squelch control pot - note the color code and trace the SQ power wires color codes back to their spots on the board. One spot for ground, one spot close to a transistor that is by the audio chip - then the one that more than likely is very close to where that Orange Wire goes - because of the required power routing for ASC to work.

Does the squelch work normally? It uses +8 volts from the RX line that powers the receive IF strip, it is switched - it also taps from the VR that trims the SQUELCH control - so there are two wires that arrive to the board from around that SQ VR trim pot. So if SQ works, but Auto part don't - then the wire that "fell off" is close to that area.

Why check for SQ to work? It isolates the wires location - for if SQ power wire from that area fell off, then the radio would go "Dead" because the comparator that triggers Mute from the squelch knob up front- would have no power to compare to - hence the "on break" Mute signal.

:+> Andy <+:

Hi Handy Andy, your comments noted, will get around to that after I get the frequency counter and the RFX-150, temp switched fans wired and running. Also there is no ASC light on this "China Doll". Been in touch with President Electronics, they're trawling the archives trying to get me a schematic, but it seems that this version has been jumped over in terms of Service Manual and schematics.

Hi All, I got my hands on another Jackson ASC, and lo and behold the Orange wire running from the ASC unit goes nowhere. The end is taped up, so it seems to have no function whatsoever. Much ado about nothing.
Sincere thanks to all who weighed in and attempted to solve this conundrum.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated